The Science Of Body and Breath Made Easy
Anatomy, Alignment and Assists is a two day learning, practice and practicum intensive
that delivers comprehensive material in an applicable easy to understand way.
This hands-on training is about physical and subtle body anatomy. It uses interactive learning and feedback to help you develop the skills, tools and confidence to teach safe, intuitive, constructive asana based movement classes. You will learn the art of observation, client assessment, and assisting each student where they are through meaningful articulate teaching. With these skills you will understand how daily functional movement, emotional stress and past experiences manifest in the physical and energetic bodies; and how you as a teacher can have a positive impact on students health and well-being. Partner and workgroup exercises for sensory perception, practicum (practice teaching and assisting), and finding your voice are taught as guidelines for authentic, inspirational teaching.
This training is best suited for yoga teachers, YTT students, therapists and healing practitioners.
It is appropriate for anyone interested in heightening their knowledge and application of:
- Yoga anatomy and principles of movement
- Functional movement, the kinetic chain and structural stabilization
- How to read, assess and administer appropriate assists; this includes verbal,
directive, hands-on, and loving healing touch
- How to fill your classes by connecting with students in a genuine, compassionate way
- The practice of intuitive teaching with lots of practicum and feedback
- Finding your voice in the classroom and out in life
- Class sequencing for various populations and advanced practices
- Clearing subtle body energy and the integral work of pranayama, meditation and spiritual awakening
- Embracing yoga off the mat in your daily life
This training takes place at the Yoga Barn, a community based wellness center in the tranquil Kennett Square – Unionville area of Pennsylvania. Address: 313 Upland Rd., Kennett Square, PA 19348.
2017 Date TBD
Tuition Fee: is $400
– Recommended / Referenced Text: “Yoga Anatomy” by Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews, “The Key Muscles of Yoga” by Ray Long, “Anatomy of Hatha Yoga by David Coulter. Please note that these are not required but may be found helpful.
– This training is recommended for 200 Hour YTT students and graduates. All students should come prepared to practice. Please bring a mat, water bottle, pen/pencil, notepad and a bag lunch. For those traveling, click here for recommended lodging
– Or contact Susan Smith @ email@example.com for assistance
– This training qualifies for 18 CEU Hours available upon request; a $15 processing fee applies