Anatomy, Alignment & Assists
Offering the gift of loving healing touch…
Enhance your knowledge of anatomy, the art of observation, client assessment, and assisting each student in a kind, conscious, connected and constructive manner.
Deepen your understanding of how daily functional movement, emotional stress and past experiences manifest in the physical and energetic bodies; and how you as a teacher can have a positive impact on students health and well-being. Partner and workgroup exercises are used to develop emotional intelligence, class sequencing, assisting skills, and inspirational authentic teaching.
Here is what you can expect:
- Yoga anatomy and principles of movement
- Functional movement, the kinetic chain and structural stabilization
- Understanding the chakras, emotional energy and how it shows up in the physical body
- Learning how to read, assess and administer appropriate assists; this includes verbal, directive, hands-on, and loving healing touch
- Authentically and compassionately connecting with clients to facilitate self-realization and self-healing
- The practice of intuitive intentional teaching with lots of practicum and feedback
- Finding your voice in the classroom and out in life
- Class sequencing for various populations and advanced practices
- Embracing yoga off the mat in your daily life
This training takes place at the Yoga Barn, a community based wellness center in the tranquil Kennett Square – Unionville area of Pennsylvania. Address: 313 Upland Rd., Kennett Square, PA 19348.
Sunday January 26, 2020
(9:00 am – 5:00 pm)
Tuition Fee: $155
– Recommended / Referenced Text: “Yoga Anatomy” by Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews, “The Key Muscles of Yoga” by Ray Long, “Anatomy of Hatha Yoga” by David Coulter. Please note that these are not required but may be found helpful.
– This training is recommended for 200 Hour YTT students and graduates. All students should come prepared to practice. Please bring a mat, water bottle, pen/pencil, notepad and a bag lunch. This training qualifies for 8 CEU Hours available upon request; a $15 processing fee applies. For those traveling, click here for recommended lodging
– Questions? Contact Susan Smith @ email@example.com
Sign Up Now!