Personal Experiential Learning in Convenient Segments To Meet Your Needs
Immersions offer a step by step approach to submerse yourself in profound short intensive trainings that meet your scheduling and learning needs. Each segment provides you with specialized learning in yoga, meditation, Ayurveda and conscious living.
Immersions are condensed therapeutic yoga training where you are provided a structured opportunity to singularly focus on learning in an accelerated, nurturing environment. Immersion yoga training is offered in retreat and eight week course segments. They can be taken as a stand-alone learning experience, spiritual workshop or as segments taken in any order to further your practice, deepen your training, complete professional certification or fulfill continuing education requirements. They are designed to enhance your knowledge and direct experience of yoga, meditation, Ayurveda and conscious living.
Immersions allow you to unplug, submerge and enhance your knowledge base and understanding of specific topics. Immersion trainings connect you to a like-minded community of friends and support your growth. These significant, fundamental trainings cover a variety of topics such as teaching methods, sequencing, verbal and hands-on assists, physical and subtle body anatomy, pranayama, meditation, chanting, therapeutic applications of yoga, spirituality, and the personal process of living yoga.
Focused experiential learning is one of the most effective means to digest and process new information using personal experience and critical thinking skills to retain and apply material. This style of learning provides you with the ‘direct personal experience’ applying what you learn and immediately receiving the benefits.
You can enroll in one or multiple immersions. It is a great way to get started, advance your certified yoga instructor training, complete your 200 or 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Intensive Certification, or as a wonderful gift you give to yourself. You pick what you need, based on your schedule and learning objectives.
Select the immersion that is right for you and enroll now to reserve your space:
THE PERSONAL PROCESS OF YOGA
8 Week Course
This journey program offers each student the opportunity to develop a personal yoga practice that promotes health, self-awareness and discovery.
Participants will learn holistic prevention, intervention and maintenance strategies cultivating life-style changes that inspire and instill wellness.
Each class includes:
– Weekly asana (posture) practice, pranayama (breath-work) and meditation
– Alignment: adjustment and modification of poses for individual practice
– Study, discussion and application of the yamas and niyamas in daily life
– Personal work: understanding priorities, obstacles and attachments
– The power of attention, intention, affirmation and mantra
– Holistic health, mindful eating and personal wellness
Early Enrollment Discount – Save $120 by December 30, 2017
CHAKRA TRAUMA TRAINING
Full Day Intensive
Trauma however great or small is a distressing experience that becomes stored in the physical body and blocks energy flow through the subtle body – the chakras.
This blocked energy causes difficulties in perception, critical thinking, emotional responses, behavior, health and wellness. It prevents one from living a full, joyful and purposeful life.
– Understand and recognize trauma
– Create a safe container for self-healing
– The intersections, direction and emotional movement of energy
– Safe, slow, progressive processing of excess and deficient chakras
– Healing through resolution of bodily tension
– Therapeutic yoga and movement practices for life-long wellness
– Effective discharging and charging exercises
THE POWER OF YOGA
Weekend Immersion Training
This two day program lays the foundation for personal transformation through practice. Using The Eight-Limbed Path of Yoga as a roadmap for conscious living, each student discovers personal power, growth and presence.
Here’s a snapshot of what you can expect:
– The Eight-Limbed Path of Yoga: What is it and how it works
– The Practice Container: Physical, mental and spiritual elements
– Alignment and Energy; Developing a Personal Practice
– The Beginning of Breath Work, Meditation and Joyful Stillness
THE SPIRITUAL PATH OF YOGA
10 Day Immersion Retreat at the Himalayan Institute
This 10 day retreat program is focused on self-healing, self-care and spiritual enrichment. It is a full immersion of experiential study and practice that allows you to receive the benefits of awakening, realization and nourishment on all levels – mind, body and spirit.
Daily practice using the tools of integrated movement, asana, pranayama, systematic relaxation, meditation, mantra and chanting for spiritual awakening are offered to help each student find inner peace and equanimity.
Accommodations booked separately through The Himalayan Institute.